ACT! is a great tool for managing information about your Contacts, Companies, Activities and Sales Opportunities however there are some situations where you may like to also record other important information in the database or bring in additional functionality to streamline your business processes. This is where custom development may be required.
Below is a sample of some of the customisation solutions we’ve developed, click on the captions for more information:
Over the years we have developed a large number of addon solutions to support a variety of business processes. In fact, most of the addon products we now sell started from addressing our own business needs. Typically custom solutions fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Storing and managing people and "things" from within ACT!: As ACT! is a contact database it does not support "things" out-of-the-box. Examples of "things" include products, items, or anything else that you might want to assign to a contact. See our Vehicle Management and Service Management solutions for real-life examples.
- Bring additional functionality into ACT!: In many cases businesses have unique processes that require them to perform certain tasks that aren't available in ACT!. Our Project Tracker and Time & Billing developments are great examples of how we were able to introduce unique business processes and tasks to ACT!
- Link to external applications and data sources: If you have a system or process in place that exists outside of ACT! but still relates to your contacts then this is the type of customisation you will need. Our Accounting Links and Advanced Dashboards are perfect examples of solutions that enable users to view and/or manage external data from within ACT!
Take a look at some of our previous projects and you will see the variety and complexity of solutions that we have been able to create, and if you think a custom solution is what you need contact us to discuss your requirements.
Benefits of working with Xact Software
- Experienced developers with extensive expertise in developing custom solutions for ACT!
- A site specific custom development where the number of users does not determine the price.
- Remote access to your site so most, if not all of our installation, maintenance and user training can be delivered via the internet making distance irrelevant.
- For overseas customers take advantage of exchange rate differences and receive a quick turnaround of smaller projects with the time zones working in your favour.